LEDs in parallel

You don't actually care about diodes, you just want something to whine about.

--

John Larkin, President       Highland Technology Inc

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

And you guys call *me* a troll?

I have PCBs with 30 LEDs and limit resistors on it. Powered by a 12V

6W dongle.

I posted a hi res pic of them on flickr.

Reply to
AllInTheChi

Switch famous to infamous and the description of yourself is all too apt.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

After almost a week of brooding, that's all you can come up with?

--

John Larkin, President       Highland Technology Inc

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

You connected LEDs and resistors?

--

John Larkin, President       Highland Technology Inc

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

Arguing with Larkin is like arguing with a liberal, they're all mouth and no math. ...Jim Thompson

--
                  [On the Road, in New York]

36 LEDs and 12 resistors.

12 sets at one dongle per set of two sticks. That's only 3 Watts each stick. Unless the dongles lie or are being overtaxed.

I am quite sure I could put more than two sticks on a single dongle, but I didn't want to sit down and configure an LVDC distribution panel. They work fine in pairs, and the power strip is a 'panel' for the dongles. Same juice ends up getting used either way, though there are likely a bit more losses on the many dongles method. Making fewer dongle fight harder is probably a slight bit more efficient. (splitting it on the DC side).

Reply to
AllInTheChi

How come you never post anything with content?

**********************************

John Larkin, President Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom laser controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME thermocouple, LVDT, synchro acquisition and simulation

I knew you were going to say that ;-) However, when I _do_ publish technical content, it is complete, and _works_ >:-}

Didn't anyone ever teach you about separating the message body from your signature with dash-dash-space ??

See...

...Jim Thompson

--
                  [On the Road, in New York]

He often does, whether or not you're capable of understanding the
content.
Reply to
John Fields

Well, that was a great technical contribution too.

**********************************

John Larkin, President Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom laser controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME thermocouple, LVDT, synchro acquisition and simulation

Nonsense.

Whenever I checkmate you, and you realize you've lost, you sidestep,
pretending you have moves left which you don't, in order to prolong
the knell of your death bell and hope for a miracle to save you.
Reply to
John Fields

--
Sorry you misunderstood, but that was a non-technical comment directed
at your reticence to admit to error.

Checkmate? Save me? How pathetic.

You are raving again, in really corny stilted prose, and it's not about diodes.

To 500 mA:

To 800 mA:

~~800 mA:

which you could have found yourself in a couple of minutes if you were interested in diodes. But you'd rather whine and strut and cluck.

**********************************

John Larkin, President Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom laser controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME thermocouple, LVDT, synchro acquisition and simulation

Is that what you call the crap you post?

Reply to
DarkMatter

Hey, idiot. YOU are UNqualified to make a valid assessment about anyone else.

You got that, boy?

Reply to
Numer0 Un0

Week? He's been on the rag for years.

Reply to
krw

Your new nym: NumeroZero.

--

John Larkin, President Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom laser controllers Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links VME thermocouple, LVDT, synchro acquisition and simulation

You are way too uncommonly stupid for the position you claim to be in.

Reply to
Hattori Hanzo

The alternator switcher thing that you posted was neither.