IR remote control sensor and emitter

I have a Dish 508 PVR and inside the house the combo IR / UHF remote works fine. Garage, which is detatched, is a bridge too far.

I've got extra utp run to the garage so the idea of building a circuit that I can point my remote at and pick up the IR command and send it to the house where the reciever is sounds like a usefull project that I will learn something from.

I'm obviously going to need a IR led but I have no idea of what photosensor for the other side.

Pointers to commonly used led's and sensors used in this application is what I'm seeking.

Thanks,

Wes

Reply to
Wes

fine. Garage,

can point my

reciever is sounds

for the other

I'm seeking.

Hello, Wes. Search for: ir remote repeater project brings up about

15,600 hits and some on the first page are complete designs.
--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I
will not see your messages.

Michael A. Terrell

Thanks Mike!

Reply to
Wes

You're always welcome, Wes. You have my e-mail, if you have other questions. I've had to take a break from RCM and several other newsgroups in an attempt to catch up with my 'Computers for Veterans' project but I try to find time to answer e-mail.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I
will not see your messages.

Michael A. Terrell

I've notice dyou have not been around much lately. Where are you getting the machines you are refurbing or just making right once again?

Wes

Reply to
Wes

machines you

I still have one thrift store collecting them for me. One of the others went out of business, and the other got mad at me last year when my old Ranger quit for the last time. The computer stores that were donating had someone show up to buy their junk. One mobile home park, and a Catholic Church set aside the computers they get for their annual yard sales. The donations are way down, and a lot lower quality than a few years ago so I am trying to cull the junk right now, rather than finishing complete systems. I need to build two more workbenches (#11 & #12) but I don't have the room to set them up till the junk is stripped & recycled.

Someone on RCM promised to ship me a pallet of used XP computers, but it never happened.