Idea for an Invention

Hi, All,

We have glue guns, where the glue stick if fed through a heated tip.

I'm doing stained glass, and soldering is a real pain, so I was thinking, Why isn't there a similar type of slder gun? I don't mean the ones where the trigger merely changes the temperature, I mean something that could hold a reasonable elngth of solder and feed it into and through the tip like a glue gun does.

If anyone knows of such a think, could you enlighten me?, I'm searching but all I see is the type where the trigger merely alters the temperature. And the tips on those are all wrong.

If no such thing exists, maybe someone can invent it...?

Just my $0.02 worth...

- Kris K.

Reply to
Kris Krieger

Hit Google for a "wire feed soldering iron". Don't know if any are setup for the heat capacity that I'd imagine you may need for glass work but who knows?

Howard has a nice one:

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Usually a feature in professional equipment (read expensive). I remember when I was a kid (yea, its possible) I saw a soldering iron with a wheel attachment and you could feed the solder with one finger. You sound like you could get some stuff and make one. Go for it.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

"Kris Krieger"

** Cos solder is simply not a glue.

Pouring molten solder onto cold metal parts will not bond them together.

" In a soldering process, heat is applied to the *parts to be joined* , causing the solder to melt and be drawn into the joint by capillary action and to bond to the materials to be joined by wetting action. After the metal cools, the resulting joints are not as strong as the base metal, but have adequate strength, electrical conductivity, and water-tightness for many uses. "

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison