IC LM317T

I'm currently troubleshoot a UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply), for your information, I already replaced 4pcs of Power MOSFET STP60NF06 to STP60N06. But the UPS is still not working, the problem now is when the AC supply to the UPS, there is an output. Once I swithched off the AC supply, the UPS indicated fail and no AC supply to output socket.

I'm suspected the LM317T faulty but I don't know how to test this 3 legged IC. Can you please shown me how to test this component?

Can you please give me more clearer explaination how the IC LM317T work/ operation.

I hope you can help me out on this.

Thanks & best regards, Keng Loong, Liew Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, East Malaysia. Mobile: +60138808200 Email: snipped-for-privacy@celcom.net.my, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
kengloong