HOw to pulse a samll pen laser 650nm < 5mw

I use a transistor driven by ttl or cmos logic. Most pen lasers use 3 batteries at 1.5 volrs each so using 5volts (ttl logic voltage) will damage laser. I usually put a couple of diodes in series with the transistor and the laser.

+5 volts---diode---diode---+-laser---collector of npn transistor. common ground---emitter of npn transistor. ttl or cmos or 555 timer------1K resistor-------base of npn transistor

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Greets,

I was wondering if anyone knows how to pulse a small pen laser. or know of a circuit that will do it.

TIA

Reply to
<sal