How do i change out my old gas dryer with my new one ?

So i got a new dryer, my old one just up and quit, its 3 years old and the heat stopped working, i made sure my pilot was on in my furnace, and reset the breaker for the dryer, lint trap was cleaned and duct was clear. so i didnt want to take the chance to spend 200 $ to get it fixed (those appliance repair men are sooo expensive) to have something else break on me in a few months, soo... i just went out and bought a new one.

thing is i have my boyfriend who wants to change it out for me instead of paying 100 $ for the guy to come and take 1/2 hour to change it out, but he scares me with his idea of installing training wheels on our daughters bike, =O, so that said, i want to either do it myself, or stand over him with step by step instructions, cant seem to find anything relative on the internet, if anyone has a site recommendation, or the safety steps themselves, i'd greatly appreciate it, i know its pretty basic, turn the little nozzle off on the steel piping and disconnect the little bendy wire hose, (haha excuse my female terminology) but is there anything else to it ? just seems too simple for the 100 $ charge from the professionals...

Thanks !

Reply to
WannaBeAHandyMom

[...]

I don't know that you'll get much of an answer here. It's nothing personal, but it's the breaks. However, should you mosey on over to alt.home.repair and post this very thing, you'll get lots of useful advice. It's also a great place to ask or share ideas about any home-bound handywork.

HTH

-phaeton

Reply to
phaeton

This is a group for basic electronics but you new dryer will come with "step by step instructions".

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

The pilot in your furnace has nothing to do with the dryer. The pilot in your dryer or the ignitor needs cleaning. You bought a new one for nothing probably. Check it out before you buy. Changing it out? Yes, it's as easy as changing out your garden hose. They just like to charge a lot for calls. Plus they know how to avoid making your gas pipes leak and cause an explosion.

--
If a group\'s goal is the complete destruction of free people
then extermination is the only choice and shouldn\'t be delayed.

Where you connect the "bendy wire hose" you need to use several turns of teflon tape (yellow colored) on the threads. Make sure your vent pipe is clear all the way to the outside. Make sure the machine is level - some come with self-levelling feet.

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr