Help with AC motor wiring diagram

I have an older AC motor that I would like to hook up to 230v. There is a wiring diagram on the motor but I cant make sense of it. There are four wires coming out of the motor labeled T1, T2, T3 and T4. Here is a link to a copy of the wiring diagram that is on the motor.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
scottmeckley
** Groper alert ...

** Piss simple.

Winding 1 connects from T1 to T3.

Winding 2 connects from T2 to T4.

The first arrangement is where W1 and W2 are in parallel and the second is where they are in series.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Don't you feel all thankful that Phil helped you? I bet if he was within the length of your right arm you'd thank him. I think he forgot his pills again.

Reply to
BobG

The diagram shows (for 230 volt operation) T2 and T3 connected together (and insulated from everything else). T1 connects to one side of the 230 volt line, and T4 connects to the other side of the

230 volt line.
Reply to
John Popelish

Thanks for your help. I got it working.

Reply to
scottmeckley

for 115v 1 and 3 are together, 2 and 4 together. those are your L1 and L2. for the 230. T2 and T3 are together. T1 and T4 are your L1 and L2 etc..

--
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5