A/C Induction Motor Hookup

Helping a friend put a new motor on a lathe. It is a westinghouse

1-phase 115/230v 4-pole (1725 rpm) capacitor (start/run?) motor. Needs to run fwd and rev, and lathe has a fwd - rev - stop switch.

Diagram shows for 115v CCW:

T1 P3 P1 * (115v)

T3 P2 T8

T2 T5 T4 * (115v)

Diagram says to swap T5,T8 for rev. That part I understand.

Question is where does L1 and L2 get hooked to?

Also, I've not seen the P1, P2, P3 designations before. Know what they mean?

thanks, george

Reply to
packrat