Help on RF amp please

Hi,

I have been working on an RFID project that uses a power booster from a Melexis cookbook.

Warning it is a 1MByte download. I also posted the schematic on abse.

The booster is on page 5.

I would like to know how to calculate the power gain and why it is dependant on the voltage at the top of L3?

Any help on how this works would be appreciated.

Thanks,

IanM

Reply to
IanM

M1 is operating as a switch i.e. in class C.

The output matching network presents a load R (150 ohms) to the drain.

The power drawn by this load is roughly V^2 / 2R where V is the supply voltage at the top of L3.

Reply to
Andrew Holme

Thanks Andrew

Reply to