Help me calculate the gain parameters of an amplifier

Hi all,

I am having trouble understanding on how to calculate the gain parameters for an amplifier

So, my card has an input range of 0 to 1 V and I need to measure a temperature range of 500 degrees.

Now, is the gain calculated completely linearly???

So, the gain factor is 1/500 = 0.002 So, 0 maps to 0V and 500 degrees maps to 1V...

I am not sure how these amplifiers work as I have never looked at an electronic circuit diagram in my life! Utter newbie when it comes to this stuff.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, D

Reply to
deluded.soul

The question isn't about the amplifier, but rather about the sensor. Do you have a sensor that produces 0V at 0 degrees and 1V at 500 degrees? Most temperature sensors are not inherently linear, but you can also by some where they have been "linearized"...

Reply to
Joel Koltner

What temperature sensor are you using?

--