Help finding a cap from Mouser

I am trying to find some 16V 4.7uf caps to use with a CD4060 timing circuit.

I have looked at Mousers OL catalog and cant seem to find any (I am sure I am looking in the wrong section as I cant believe that they are so hard to find). Can someone please point me to some links at Mouser for these caps.

Thanks

Reply to
Rob

Try here:

Greg Neill

Hi, Rob. The rest of the question is one reason why you're having trouble:

  • Relevant frequency / ESR requirements

  • Thru-hole or SMT?

  • Axial or radial?

  • Aluminum electrolytic or other?

  • Tolerance?

  • Temperature?

  • Maximum cost?

If you're just looking for an inexpensive 85C Radial aluminum electrolytic that's +/-20% tolerance, go to the website and punch in:

140-XRL-16V4.7

which are $0.06 in single quantity. There's 25,562 in stock, ready and waiting for your CD4060's tender ministrations. (Hi, Rich ;-)

If this is for a timing circuit requiring stability, you're not going to be too happy with these. They will have quite a bit of leakage current, and will drift with temperature, and over time. But 5% or better tolerance caps get pretty expensive at this size. It might be time to look at that

1/(2.2RxCx)

again, and try to bring Cx down to a smaller value. If you can get it down by an order of magnitude or so, you'll have a number of choices.

While you're at the website, be sure to sign up for a free catalog. Sometimes, the "dead tree" method has its advantages, not the least of which that you don't have to depend on the kindnesses of strangers.

Good luck Chris

Reply to
Chris

At

, you can try searching for the following part numbers and then download the datasheets to see if you like the specs. (Note: Any prices I give might be slightly out of date, but are for qty

1.)

Some of the through-hole 4.7uF Film Capacitors at Mouser.com:

Polyester:

5989-100V4.7-F (10% tolerance, $2.14) 146-250V4.7K (10% tolerance, $2.06) 1430-1475 (10% tolerance, $1.83)

Mixed Film:

505-MKM44.7/250/5 (5% tolerance, "almost linear C/T", $5.26) 581-FFB56L0475K (10% tolerance, $11.43)

Polypropylene:

1429-2475 (DF 0.1% max, 10% tolerance, $3.49)

(If 5 uF would do, there are more choices.)

Polycarbonate:

75-632P475X5050 (5%, but a tad expensive at $143.50)

Good luck.

You could also just do a search for "4.7uF" (without the quotes).

Tom Gootee

tomg

circuit.

Thanks all :-)