Group's favourite SPICE software

Hello group,

I'm looking for SPICE software recommendations, both freeware and for purchase. Whose programs do you use, and why?

Thanks,

Francis.

Reply to
Francis Elers

SwitcherCAD/LTSpice; can't beat the price.

mrdarrett

I have prepared a free PowerPoint presentation for LTSpice:

LTSpice is a free download and is an excellent simulator.

Reply to
Charles

LT Spice. Because it's easy to use, fast, and free.

John

I also have tina, which is offered in a limited version by Texas Instruments. I have not used it for a while, but they have some cool components, such as mouse-operated controls like switches and pots, LEDs that light up, digital displays, etc.

But now I use SwitcherCad (LTSpice) almost exclusively, and it is useful for posting schematics in ASCII format (not ASCII art).

Paul

Reply to
Paul E. Schoen