Difference between 63B09P and 63B09RP?

Could someone tell me the difference between the 63B09P and 63B09RP Hitachi microprocessor chips or point me to a source of data?

Thanks.

-- Nigel.

Reply to
Nigel Walker

Hm. Never heard of the "R" type on 63x09/68x09 processors. Maybe it is just a mirrored pinning ("reverse").

HTH Wolfgang

--
From-address is Spam trap
Use: wolfgang (dot) mahringer (at) sbg (dot) at

Thanks for the reply, Wolfang. I still haven't managed to find data. I have several tubes of these things and they don't work on my 63B09P board. I'm sure the required data must be somewhere on the web!

-- Regards, Nigel.

Reply to
Nigel Walker

Have a look at Partminer. They list data for a 63B09EP, and 63B09ERP, so hopefully the difference bwteen the versions will be the same as between the 63B09P, and 63B09RP. I doubt if it is a pinout change, but might well be a revision to the microcode.

Best Wishes

Reply to
Roger Hamlett

The 63x09 has a very unique power supply pinning, IIRC pins 1 and 7. You have lots of R-types. So why not just trying to hook up a quartz, with VCC and Gnd on pins 40 and 34? If it oscillates, it is indeed a reversed type. Try it, you have nothing to lose.

BTW: the E-type mentioned on another answer has no oscillator ciruit onboard, it needs an external quadrature clock (E and Q). The E type is intended to be used as a slave processor.

HTH Wolfgang

--
From-address is Spam trap
Use: wolfgang (dot) mahringer (at) sbg (dot) at
Reply to
Wolfgang Mahringer

I think you are right Wolfgang. Unfortunately I have returned the chips now, but I will certainly do that test if I get in the same position again. Hopefully some 63B09P chips will be with me soon.

I'm thinking of re-designing the board to use a PIC due to the upcoming RoHS requirements and the difficulty in getting obsolete chips. Of course the software will have to be re-written but at least I will lose the external EPROM and RAM.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Nigel.

Reply to
Nigel Walker

Yes. The point I was trying to make about the 'E', was that the website I mentioned, had data sheets for the ERP, and the EP variants, and a check on these, should show exactly what the 'R' designation actually means.

best Wishes

Reply to
Roger Hamlett