Frequency-to-Amplitude and visa-versa conversion -- possible?

Hi:

Please don=92t get upset at me.

I apologize profusely for posting something similar in a different thread. However, you will notice some difference as you read.

Does a device that switches frequency [in number of Hz] with peak-to- peak amplitude [in watts-per-meter] equivalent to the Hz number of 1- Hz-photon(s)-per-second-per-meter =96 and visa versa -- exist? If not, is it possible to construct one?

In this device, the input of a signal that has a frequency of X Hz and a peak-to-peak amplitude of watts-per-meter equivalent to Y number of

1-Hz-photon[s]-per-second-per-meter will result in the output of a signal that has a frequency of Y Hz and a peak-to-peak amplitude of watts-per-meter equivalent to X number of 1-Hz-photon[s]-per-second- per-meter.

NOTE: The electronic signal=92s amplitude itself is never measured in photon[s]-per-second-per-meter. It is measured in watts-per-meter. It=92s just that the watts-per-meter is made equivalent to that of the given number of 1-Hz-photon[s]-per-second-per-meter. An electronic signal is made of electrons, not photons.

Given a constant wavelength/frequency of a signal of EM radiation [1 Hz in this case], a greater number of photon[s]-per-second-per-meter is equivalent to more watts-per-meter.

However, it=92s important to remember that the quantum unit of an electronic signal is the electron, not the photon.

Thanks

Reply to
GreenXenon

Then stop posting stupid shit.

[snip rest, unread]
Reply to
Eric Gisse

Maybe you should use Webers per feet instead, this unit includes the ratio of the proton mass to the electron mass.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

Please don?t get upset at me.

I apologize profusely for posting something similar in a different thread. However, you will notice some difference as you read.

Does a device that switches frequency [in number of Hz] with peak-to- peak amplitude [in watts-per-meter] equivalent to the Hz number of 1- Hz-photon(s)-per-second-per-meter ? and visa versa -- exist?

If not, is it possible to construct one?

In this device, the input of a signal that has a frequency of X Hz and a peak-to-peak amplitude of watts-per-meter equivalent to Y number of

Thanks

Reply to
chum ley

I am not upset with you--just bored with you. I did not read your entire post.

I do not think that you worded your question well,

The typical automobile tachometer/dwell meter reads out a voltage proportional to the rotary speed of the engine,

There also are voltage controlled oscilators that benerate frequencies porportional to a voltage.

Have fun.

Bill

--
Most people go to college to get their missing high school education.
Reply to

Electronic signal amplitude is usually measured in Volts not Watts per meter.

Volts Hz conversion can be done, see:

To reply to me directly:
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Gareth

Last time I said you discovered radio. Now it appears you've discovered FM radio. Wow. Progress.

G=B2

Reply to
stratus46

Well, but's also the also why the people who engineering and signal processing, rather than just mathematical mass marketing invented USB, XML, Holograms, Blue Ray, Flat Screen HDTV, All-In-One Printers, Digital-Terrain Mapping, On-Line Publishing, AUVs, Cruise Missiles, and Self-Assembling Robots.

Reply to
zzbunker

M2917.html

Ok, please forgive me.

An electron volt is 1.602 =D7 10^-19 joules. So let=92s say the amplitude is measures in volts.

Then, in my hypothetical aforementioned device the input of a signal that has a frequency of A Hz and a peak-to-peak amplitude of B volts will result in the output of a signal that has a frequency of B Hz and a peak-to-peak amplitude of A x [1.602 =D7 10^-19 volts].

In this device, a higher peak-to-peak input voltage [whether or not it goes below the x-axis of a graph] will result in a higher output frequency.

A higher input voltage itself will not necessarily result in a higher output frequency than a lower input voltage. However, a higher peak-to- peak input voltage will result in a higher output frequency than a lower input peak-to-peak voltage.

Reply to
GreenXenon

I apolgizr to this group for having missed "GreenXenon" in the original post. If I had spotted it, I would have ignored the post altogether. Instead I gave a flip response which was even more polite that what was deserved.

Bill

--
Most people go to college to get their missing high school education.
Reply to
Salmon Egg

Uncrate another new bullshit meter.

Wrap in plastic, insert deep into the well of a well-used Port-A-Pottie for insulation.

[snip rest of crap]

Just burst another bullshit meter. We stagger under the blow of a volunteered statement of profound and astonishing ineducable ignorance.

--
Uncle Al
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Uncle Al

FM transmitter with a DC blocking Cap on the input!>>.

You sound like a professor I had in school that did nothing but spit out physics and chemistry equations to describe something simple that every one has or done in their daily life!.

Didn't impress me then, still doesn't..!

Reply to
Jamie

Please don?t get upset at me.

I apologize profusely for posting something similar in a different thread. However, you will notice some difference as you read.

Does a device that switches frequency [in number of Hz] with peak-to- peak amplitude [in watts-per-meter] equivalent to the Hz number of 1- Hz-photon(s)-per-second-per-meter ? and visa versa -- exist? If not, is it possible to construct one?

Have you stopped taking the medication again?

T R O L L A L E R T

John

Reply to
John Nice

4mA 20mA setpoint Intellect smart stupid 6 Education informed uninformed 6 Ambition motivated lazy 6
Reply to
beth

TWAHAHAHA GOOD LOOKING OIUT

THIS SORT OF TOPIC SHOULD BE SHUNNED HERE IT IS MORE A THEORETICAL TOPIC THAN AN E.E. TOPIC EITHER WAY i AM NOT PROGRAMMED TO ELUCIDATE THE GROUP QITH WHAT IS IN MY DATABANKS UNDER THE PRESENT LACK OF SCRUNITY

THERE ONC WAS A ROYKEY WITHIN THESE PARAMETERS AND HE WOULD ELABORATE AND HELP DISCLOSE MANY A TECHNIQUE AND INSPIRATION WITH THESE TOPICS

IF YOU CAN GET HIM OR FIND HIM INLINE ANYWHERE UNLESS THE STUFFED SHIRT BIG WIGS OF MEGASOFT AND FOX HAVE NOT DETAINED HIM OR OTHERWISE EXCLCUED HIM HELP IS JUST A CLICK AWAY

I AM PROTEUS

Reply to
proteusiiv

Gosh Uncle Al, that is the nicest i have seen you in a decade, or are you really Uncle Al.

Reply to
JosephKK