fluorescent 4-pin base adapter?

Our house came with a weird outdoor light that uses a 13W 4-pin fluorescent bulb (G24q-1?), similar to these:

These bulbs cost around $7 each.

Is there any adapter that converts the 4-pin base to a regular, normal, screw-in socket?

The guys at Lowe's and Home Depot are sure they don't have one.

Thanks,

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

Pretty standard for fluorescent bulbs, cost more but use generally less power and often last longer.

No they are driven by electrical bits, either in the light fitting or hidden further back. the same sort of ballst/starter arrangement as used in fluorescent strip lighting.

You would have to go further back in the wiring and remove all parts of the light fitting, and replace the whole light fitting.

Because they don't exist.

Just like there are not SIMPLE adapters to convert cars to/from diesel to unleaded.

    PC Services
 Timing Diagram Font
  GNU H8 - compiler & Renesas H8/H8S/H8 Tiny
 For those web sites you hate
Reply to
Paul Carpenter

I've seen these in fluorescent shop lights and in exit signs. Perhaps you can get a socket from one of those devices.

Reply to
Lord Garth

Actually now that I think about it, there IS some sort of two-prong pre-adapter that the 4-pin base light attaches to.

Any idea where I can get a simple screw-in adapter to substitute the pre-adapter?

I'll try and take some pics, and post them on my website...

Thanks,

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett