Electrical Engineering Course Material

Hi, I have just started playing with electronics, this was because my brother needed a device to do a job and I figured I could do it with a PIC and a few components and modifying an existing device, his only other option was to pay serious money to have a company do the role of the device. Great thing about this is that I'm making some nice money out of it, but I really enjoy messing about with electronics. Now I was wondering what would be the best material to study, I'm currently doing a degree in computer science and don't plan to change, but would like to know if I could get details of material that would be taught for electrical engineering. My knowledge at the moment is very basic, but I am planning to work on some rather complex projects in the future, mainly RF based stuff and data comms. Any book details or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Reply to
Richard Harris

CE (computer engineering) might be available to you before you complete your degree. It's a blend of EE and CS.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

MIT has free course notes online at

EE, CS and many other subjects are included.

Alan Nishioka

Reply to
Alan Nishioka

They also have some videos of lectures:

I have viewed 5 of them and they are very well done.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

Thanks very much, the MIT site has loads of great information.

Thanks again :)

Reply to
Richard Harris