Electric Universe

I'm breezing through David Bodanis's easy to read "Electric Universe", but came to something of a halt on pages 181-183 about the development of the transistor. Shockley was the inventor, right? Hardly, but he sure knew how to get the credit; however, in the most round-about way imaginable, he was probably singlehanded responsible for the rise of Silicon Valley. Quite a story on those several pages. (What a jerk!)

Wayne T. Watson (Watson Adventures, Prop., Nevada City, CA) (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time) Obz Site: 39° 15' 7" N, 121° 2' 32" W, 2700 feet

--
                     "I often quote myself - it adds spice to
                      my conversation." - George Bernard Shaw

                     Web Page:
Reply to
Wayne Watson