Ethernet, Video and 12v AC in Same Pipe

I'm planning on running the three sets of wire in the Subject 60' underground 18' deep in a 1 1/2" grey electrical pipe. The video is for a video camera. Should I be concerned about interference. If so, what can I do to minimize it? AC is black,white and green 12 gauge copper wire.

Wayne T. Watson (Watson Adventures, Prop., Nevada City, CA) (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time) Obz Site: 39° 15' 7" N, 121° 2' 32" W, 2700 feet

"Depend upon it, there is nothing so unnatural as the commonplace." -- Sherlock Holmes, in "A Case of Identity"

--
                     Web Page:
Reply to

Wayne T. Watson (Watson Adventures, Prop., Nevada City, CA) (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time) Obz Site: 39° 15' 7" N, 121° 2' 32" W, 2700 feet

"Depend upon it, there is nothing so unnatural as the commonplace." -- Sherlock Holmes, in "A Case of Identity"

--
                     Web Page:
Reply to
W. Watson

Shouldn't be any problem. I assume the video is run in shielded cable?

--
.
.

Since you changed the voltage to 120 volts AC. I think that is against code in most jurisdictions.

-- John G.

Reply to
John G

You can't splice a 120 VAC cable in a buried conduit, however there is little problem with interference if the video cable is shielded. Code requires that the video cable be insulated against 120 VAC. Odd I know but it's true.

--
.
.

Yes, shielded.

Wayne T. Watson (Watson Adventures, Prop., Nevada City, CA) (121.015 Deg. W, 39.262 Deg. N) GMT-8 hr std. time) Obz Site: 39° 15' 7" N, 121° 2' 32" W, 2700 feet

"Depend upon it, there is nothing so unnatural as the commonplace." -- Sherlock Holmes, in "A Case of Identity"

--
                     Web Page:
Reply to
W. Watson

I haven't done video, but I have put eithernet, phone and 240 volt in the same ditch. Both in different pipes, I fugured pipe is cheap, especially when it gives you a little spacing from the voltage. I put the 240 volt at

30", back filled about 10" and put the eithernet, phone and video at about 20". The eithernet and phone is working fine, but I have yet to try the video, it was cable TV. The 240 volt is a 100 amp service to my office, located 138 feet from my shop and transformer.

Not really what you asked, but I thought it might help. Like I say, plastic pipe is cheap, but the ditch is expensive. If you use a backhoe as opposed to a trenching machine, you even get 15 or 20" apart at the same depth. In my area code is 30" on the electric, and 24" on the phone.

Reply to
Maxwell