Electret Condenser Element Question

I have an electret element capsule with the following parameters; Sensitivity: -56dB V/ubar, -36dB V/Pascal +/-4dB. I'm looking for a different element that has better sensitivity. Should i look for numbers that are higher or lower than the above? Will be using this for voice frequencies only. Thanks.

Reply to
Spin

Lower negative numbers.  For example, a mic with a sensitivity of
-50dB/µbar will have twice the output voltage than a mic with a
sensitivity of -56dB/µbar for the same SPL in.
Reply to
John Fields

John......Thank you very much!

Reply to