Digital cameras and the cold

The other day I brought my pentax optio 330 into the house from outside in the car. It was about 40 degerees F. Taking a couple indoor pictures with the cold camera without the flash resulted in orange tinted photos, Using the flash the pictures looked right. Is there something about ccd imaging devices that would make them react this way to cold? Just curious. Thanks, Eric R Snow

Reply to
Eric R Snow

----- Maybe you should blame it on the background lighting without the flash. What was providing it and how much light was there? 40F is not cold.

--
Don Kelly
dhky@peeshaw.ca

Eric R Snow wrote

I think the previous correspondent is on the right track. Your indoor lighting will have a colour temperature quite different to that of the "normal" camera setting which is undoubtedly for daylight. The flash colour temperature will be very close to natural daylight. If you want to take photographs indoors without flash you can, or should be able to, change the camera's setting to take into account different light sources.

Reply to
dB