Current meter circuit

Does anyone have a simple circuit for a digital ammeter? I have a car project that I want to monitor how much current the circuit is using. I thought it would be nice if I could have an LED readout of the current around the dash. The circuit should use about 3 or 4 amps and I would like to know if it's going way off of that.

Thanks 8-)

Reply to
Dan Ritter

Harbor Freight has DMMs that regularly go on sale for under $5.00 each, often down to $3.00. They have a 10A range that should be just right. At these prices you can afford to carve them up and hard-wire them into your projects.

Best regards,

Bob Masta dqatechATdaqartaDOTcom D A Q A R T A Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis

Bob Masta

Thanks for the tip. I guess if I had grown up in the US I probably would have known about that place. It reminds me of a place I sometimes buy from here in Canada. However as hard as I rack my brain right now I can't get the name past the tip of my brain. These guys have some really good deals. I'm glad you put me on to them. I still wouldn't mind seeing a simple circuit just in case I don't go that route for whatever reason. But that does look like the best solution.

Thanks 8-)

Reply to
Dan Ritter