Convert output to input

A pair of resistors connected in series across the output will allow the voltage to be reduced by any amount desired across the grounded resistor.

Do you want to reduce a speaker or line output to a mic or line input?

Reply to
John Popelish

Sorry. For some strange reason, I assumed that you were talking about audio signals, not video.

Reply to
John Popelish

Hi i was wondering if there was any way to convert a output connection on a laptop to a input connection? is there any device i can buy to do this?

Reply to
Imbronyev_j08

im trying to connect a xbox to my laptop screen. i bought a vga cable made for xbox but now my computer says i cant connect it

Reply to
Imbronyev_j08

Imbronyev snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

What you'll need to do that is a video capture device of some kind. If your laptop wasn't designed to use the VGA port as input, you'll never get it to do so.

You probably won't need the VGA cable, the capture device probably won't support it. You'll have to use SVideo and/or composite.

Puckdropper

Puckdropper