can the input be applied before the V+ in analog switch?

Hi;

Still working on the analog switch issue here. I'm thinking of using a MAX4661 to replace a relay in a switching unit. The relay switches 15v from float to ground (at 0.15mA). I've been reading the data sheet:

and on p.7 it talks about power supply sequencing. I'm new to these devices, so I just want to make sure I understand what they mean. In my application, it is very likely that the 15v that I need to switch will hit the COM or NC before the device is powered up. Is this the situation they are advising be avoided? If so, why would this potentially damage the device?

Thanks

Reply to
tempus fugit