Can it work ?

For prevention on risk of handphone radiation, even in the standby mode, don't sleep near to your handphone and also don't leave it in your pocket. This piece of advice which had been around for few years is still without any solution as time passed. Thus I tried by buying a small metal candy box to fit into my handphone. I made some hole for signal reception and carry my handphone in this box wherever I go. Can any person give me some advice or direction. Thanks, members for your support and advice.

Regards

Reply to
mowhoong

Sorry ! I apologize for some missing words. What I meant Is that will the metal box protect me from the radiation emitted from the handphone ?

Reply to
mowhoong

No. If the signal can get in to allow the phone to operate then it can get out too.

There is no substantiated evidence that cell phone emissions are harmful.

Reply to
Greg Neill

Mobile phones put out very little power. There is no real evidence of anyone getting cancer or being harmed from mobile phones.

Having health problems from mobile phones is a lot of hype from people who are superstitious about everything, or like to be against the direction of society.

I, and my family have been in the electronics and communications business since the late 1920's. Today, all our family members are all using mobile phones, and had them since they first came out. None of us, including anyone we know of, ever had any problems from them. We mostly use mobile phones for all of our business and personal calls.

Before celliar phones were available, we had mobile phones in our cars. These phones put out a fair amount of power, and we never heard of anyone having any health problems from them.

The worse thing I ever had from a mobile phone, was a headache from too many people calling me when I am trying to eat a good lunch!

--
As for putting a mobile phone in a metal box, this would not do anything for
you anyways. This would only make access to the phone more difficult. The

When the phone is idling it must be able to transmit its acknowledgement
ID\'s to the repeater so that the system knows it can handle phone calls.
Mobile phones send a number of data packets for verification from time to
time, so that the system knows that it is present and that it can send and
receive calls.
Reply to
JANA

Hah! It's obvious cell phones cause brain damage... as soon as people put that thing up near their head they start driving erratically, behaving obnoxiously in public, acting like the whole world revolved around their little conversation.

I rest my case... ;-)

Bob Masta D A Q A R T A Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis

Scope, Spectrum, Spectrogram, Signal Generator Science with your sound card!

Reply to
Bob Masta

Bob Masta wrote:

Those people don't START behaving like idiots

*after* they buy cell phones--it's just MORE OBVIOUS then.
Reply to
JeffM

So that's it! Cell phone radiation causes IDIOCY AMPLIFICATION!

Best regards,

Bob Masta D A Q A R T A Data AcQuisition And Real-Time Analysis

Scope, Spectrum, Spectrogram, Signal Generator Science with your sound card!

Reply to
Bob Masta

It also multiplies the "MORON FACTOR" by pi to the third power.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida