Re: Most Important Patent of the 20th Century

Most Important Patent of the 20th Century (watch the wrap).....

> ...Jim Thompson

What a nerd...do you wear Clark Kent glasses too?

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

Used to...

Then I got RK ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Torch club? Should we even ask what that was?

Bob

Reply to
BobW

National Junior Honor Society. Not my school, but shows the Torch symbol...

...Jim Thompson

Honors Society.

Reply to
Don Bowey

No pocket protector, but still a nerd...

...Jim Thompson

That works for pens, mechanical pencils, and laundry markers. However, a "Real Nerd(tm)" also has a pocket screwdriver, tuning tool, tweezers, a few paper clips (for opening CD drive trays after forgetting to extract the CD before turning off the power), and 6" steel rule. I also have a hemostat (for fishing dropped parts out of the bottom of equipment cases), but that might be a bit exotic.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

I have all those other tools, but they're in drawers of my desk... except for a small Swiss Army Knife, a tape measure and an LED flashlight on my key ring ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Jim Thompson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

...and I've long since lost my pocket magnifier, and just when I'm at an age I >need< it, too...

--Damon, whose key ring LED needs new batteries

Reply to
Damon Hill

The specifications for a nerd require only the pocket protector. They do not specify a minimum assortment of tools and implements that must be installed. The knife, flashlight, and knife are standard accessories, some of which might be crammed into the pocket protector, but are probably best installed elsewhere. On my belt, I also have a

3 watt white LED flashlight, PDA/cellphone/solitaire computah, eyeglass case, and sometimes a pager. In my pockets, I have a single blade knife (box opener) and an LED key ring flashlight. No tape measure, as the 6" pocket rule is usually sufficient.

You have all the qualifications and paraphernalia required to be considered a "Real Nerd(tm)", except for the actual pocket protector. One use of the pocket protector that you may not have considered is that it consolidates and organizes all your pens and screwdrivers in one place. When I leave the house in the morning, I don't have to look all over the place for what to take with me. It's all in or attached to the pocket protector.

600 assorted pocket protectors:

If none of these are sufficiently inspiring, you can make your own:

Any heat sealer, including "Seal-a-meal" will work. The one I made was unusually long, to fit some shirts with unusually deep pockets.

Or, you could just buy a fancy one: