How to Ask a Question

Hi -

In light of a recent flameboree in these parts, I thought it might be helpful to provide a link to an article entitled, "How to Ask a Question the Smart Way." Although aimed at programmers and programmer wannabes, the advice is equally applicable to hardware designers old and new.

The article's been translated into two dozen languages; look for the links under the "Translations" header.

Bob Perlman Cambrian Design Works

Bob Perlman

Hi Bob, I agree totally. I find that if you think of a good subject line for your post, nine times out of ten you get a quicker and better answer putting that text into the Google search box than you do from a newsgroup. Cheers, Syms. p.s. The Google toolbar has this great feature where you can add a Xilinx (or anything else) search to your toolbar. If you have the thing installed, go to the Xilinx website, right click on the search box in the top right, click 'Generate Custom Search' in the menu box. V. useful.

Reply to
Symon

Excellent! I never would have found that myself. A tip o' the hat to you, sir, and to our Google overlords.

Bob Perlman Cambrian Design Works

Bob Perlman

Also be nice to have a good article on how to ANSWER it in a nice way too :)

or not so nice ..... hehehe

fpga_toys