best way for remote control

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a way to create a module that allows me to simply switch something(on/off) remotely. I will be installing this in a car and it seems that probably the best way to do this is a GSM module of some kind. Any pointers on how to get started finding components or methods?

My top priority is cost effectiveness since I will be creating quite a bit of these.

Thanks!

Reply to
tylernef

From how far? Why not contact the key fob car alarm makers and see about integrating your scheme into their modules?

If it's on the order of tens of yards (meters), then RS has remote control thingies for about $15.00.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise