Volume control for stereo signal?

Hello all,

Let's say I have two mono sources that will be outputted as a stereo signal to a headphone. If the mono sources pass thru two simple opamp configured as inverting amplifiers, how do I control the amplitude level of both mono sources simultaneoulsy? Is there a potentiometer that has multiple variable resistors that can be controlled by one knob?

Thanks!

Reply to
MRW

Yep there sure is.

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

dual ganged logarithmic potentiometers are made for just this purpose. Surprising you haven't heard of them.

Radio Shack do a 100k one for $3.99 if you are in the USA

Reply to
mike.j.harvey

although remember that radio shack always adds there 1000% gratuity tax,

1000% feed the radio shack CEO's tax, 1000% misc tax, 1000% accidential tax, etc...
Reply to
Jon Slaughter

Yeah, but is someone forcing you to buy it there? If I want 100 pieces, I shop - Mouser, Digi-Key and such. For a one-off, I don't mind $5-$10 for a $1 part if it makes the project work _now_.

GG

Reply to
stratus46

You need a 'stereo' or twin gang pot. For audio you'll also want one with an audio taper to give it a sensible change of volume with rotation.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Just what I told him yesterday.