Beginner help

Hi, I recently became interested in hobby electronics but am not sure that I like it as of yet. I purchased a soldering iron, breadboard and things of this nature but I am hesitant to order a electonics kit from someone paying customs and such just to find that I don't like it.

So, first question, are there any places on the interweb that offer schematics for a beginner?

Secondly, I have found many tutorials for soldering circuit boards together but very few for how to use a breadboard. Thus, my second and final question, are there any tutorials that are good for learning the basics of breadboarding?

cheers.

Reply to
Continuum

We can help you, right here.
Reply to
John Fields

There's an example of protoboard use posted just today in message-id pYtZd.17622$2s.3583@lakeread06 , subject "The Results of everyones help."

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

There are millions of schematics on the web and not very hard to find.

I googled for

electronic schematic beginner

And found 100000 hits, after following a few links you will find big collections of schematics and beginner level instructions.

Try these links:

I was a bit confused too, the first time I tried to use a breadboard. But they are very simple devices and it usually takes only a few minutes to learn how to use them.

When you see 5 holes in a row you can assume that they are connected to each other inside the breadboard. Test with a multimeter in ohmmeter mode if you are not sure which holes are connected to which holes. Use wires with a diameter of around 1 mm to push into the holes.

Here is a site with some instruction on breadboards:

Roger J.
Reply to
Roger Johansson

i don't know where you are from but, if you have a store like a radio shack or would like to order on line? you should start with one of those 101 Lab's or simuler. there is no soldering involved. you simply use little springs/clips with jumper wires on the board to connect the various components. comes with it, is a book with projects that you can use those same parts over and over. the book makes an attempt to explain in a simple manner what is going on. the LAB's are also good for testing your own little theorys etc.. here in the states we have radio shacks that carry those kind of itmes.

etc these intro Labs are really what you need. there is no soldering .. for more listing. use "Electronic Project Labs" with google. and don't get thrown off with the word "TOYS" in the titles. they are actually very good for all ages for those that are starting from ground zero.

Reply to
Jamie