Anybody want to bid a circuit design?

Just you wait! You'll be old, sick and nearly blind too, if you live long enough. I'm still recovering from being called for jury duty.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I enjoy jury duty (when they'll have me :-) Hang the bastards >:-} ...Jim Thompson

The woman at the counter asked how I was feel. I looked her in the eyes and told her, I haven't slept more than two hours a night in weeks. I've had a roaring headache for three days. My tinitus is ringing so bad that I can barely hear. I'm diabetic, and my blood sugar was 234 this morning. I have had an open wound on my left leg for over five years. My feet are so swollen that I can barely walk.

She took the postcard, marked off some boxes, and had me sign it. Then she photocopied a letter from the county's 'Veteran's Service Officer' showing that I am 100% disabled, along with a phone number to the VA for more information. I didn't even get a chance to tell them that I believe in the death penalty for jaywalking, and for bad lawyers.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You sound a lot like me. I believe in hanging for chewing gum >:-} ...Jim Thompson

That open wound - have you tried daily / twice daily washing with Dakin's solution?

Reply to
David Eather

Only if they won't swallow it when told to.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

That wound started out about 9 inches by 5 inches, and with all the skin peeled off the area. I follow my wound care doctor's instructions, and it is down to about 1.25" by 3/8", and extremely easy to tear open. They want me to use white vinegar and cotton balls to wash the wound every time the bandages needs replaced. I use a very thin film of triple antibiotic to keep the edges of the wound from drying out completely, and cracking.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Try Dakin's (with doctors approval). It has recently been tested on Diabetic wounds (properly controlled tests and published results in reputable medical journals) and has outperformed all topical treatments. Dakin's solution was invented in WW1 but went out of favor with the introduction of antibiotics and has only recently been tested on diabetic ulcers.

Reply to
David Eather

I'm 70 next year. Various internal bits missing. I was lucky with the eyesight, radiotherapy caught the thyroid proptosis in time.

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

eyesight,

I've worn glasses for almost 50 years. When my blood pressure or Glucose level is out of whack I can barely see anything. I have to type by feel, and can't see any typos.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell