advise on ESR meter project ?

It only has a 12.5 KHz maximum test frequecy.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

it can go to 25khz with the user selectable frequency yes it's less than the 100khz esr meters often use but it's enought to measure dead caps ! and far more precise to measure other caps and inductors ! I also have a small analog esr meter I build (the one from poptronix) and I never use it anymore...

--
Jean-Yves.
Reply to

If the OEM specifies their product at 100 KHZ, then that is the frequency needed for a proper test.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

=A0its

Greetings, what is wrong with the Poptronix version..........details anyone (I've had one as an ongoing project for awhile, I had the bright idea a couple of years ago to put it in a probe style case with small meter)? It also has a led for DC shorts. Dave

Reply to
Daveolla

there is nothing wrong with the poptronix version except that I have now a far better esr (in fact rlc) meter since... I still have the poptronic and it still works fine but I only have 10 leds to tell me the esr and now I have a 10000 count rlc meter...

the poptronic still has the frequency of 100khz for the test and I can only go to 25khz with the rlc meter.

--
Jean-Yves.
Reply to