A weird question about the simulation result of ADS

Hello, everyone

I met a weird question when using ADS... We are simulating the I_D current in the NMOS's saturation region that V_DS>=V_GS - V_TH>=0.

We also computed the current with the equation that

1/2*u_n*C_ox*W/L*[V_GS - V_TH]^2*(1+lamda*VDS). But the computed results are 2X compared with the simulated results.

We get u_n, E_ox and T_ox directly from a 0.25 um parameter file for ADS, and computed C_ox= E_ox/ T_ox. And the other setting for the simulation is just the normal. So it is really werid to find that. Could you help to give some suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

Jacobus Jan. 18th, 2007

Reply to
hzzc1012