9/10 Pin Motherboard Connector

Can anyone direct me to where I can pick up the 9/10 pin connectors that are used on cables that connect motherboards to USB ports?

I need to find the housings as well as the pins, along with the recommended crimper.

The guys at the closest computer store had no idea what I was referring to even though I shown them a picture. And unless you know the name or part number of what you are looking for the Digi-Key and Mouser search is close to useless.

Thanks.

Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.

Reply to
Searcher7

Do you mean the stackable 0.1" housings?

If so, the pins are 16-02-0096 or 97. The manufacturer's crimper is $$$; this works with these pins (and others of similar configuration).

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Yes. 0.1".

Here is a pic of what I'm looking for:

e_FireWireUSB.jpg

Thanks.

Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.

Reply to
Searcher7

Yep. The ones that I linked to above are not identical but they'll work just fine. You would need to stack two back-to-back, as they're single row connectors.

I "stock" a few of the single row on hand since they can be used either alone or adjacent, for pseudo-dual row. However, if you'd prefer the dual row member of the family, look at the 70450-series, like

which uses receptacle pins 16-02-0103

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to