Seating Header Strips

I am working on a project involving some 40 Pin 2.54mm Male Double Row Header Strips.

I need to securely position two of them in parallel with about an inch between them.

The first thought was to get some PC board and drill holes for the pins and solder the strips in, but since I don't have the precision equipment needed to do this quickly I was wondering if there was another relatively stiff and non conducting material I could use where I might be able to seat the strips by pushing them into the material, puncturing it without drilling. Perhaps a plastic of some sort.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.

Reply to
Searcher7

Get some pad-per-hole PC prototyping board.

Or, waltz down to your local Radio Shack and look over their prototyping boards. They have some that exactly replicate the hole pattern in their bread-boards, allowing you to transfer the circuit straight over. Those holes are on a 100 mill grid, and the copper is easy to cut (with an X- Acto knife) between the rows of your headers -- depending on the dimensions you need, you may even be able to use adjoining copper to solder useful stuff onto.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com

Ok, I'll have to look into this.

I assume that the following is what you were referring to:

Thanks a lot.

Darren Harris Staten Island, New York.

Reply to
Searcher7