7segment display multiplexing

Hi all,

I want to multiplex two seven segment display with a single control line!! Here is a schematic

which do so with two control lines...but my trouble here is I've only one I/O line left free......

Thanks

Reply to
Jack// ani

"Jack// ani" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...

Connect the base resistor of T2 to the collector of T1. Then one and only one of the digits will always be "activated." You will off course have to adapt the program code. Guess you'd best switch off all segments before changing digit.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

Hi, use a npn for T1 and a pnp for T2, both bases on the same control line ? only one display at a time will be powered

Bruno

BrunoG