12V DC voltage stabilizer

I'm looking for a circuit diagram for 12V DC voltage stabilizer for my car.

I found that every time when I start my car, the starter motor will draw so much current that cause the voltage over the ignition coil to drop tremendously.

Most circuits I found need higher input voltage to produce a lower stable voltage, but the only voltage source in a car is from the battery. So it's a

12V-12V DC voltage stabilizer that I'm looking for. Any recommendation?

Thanks, Newbie

Reply to
ZhangLu

The battery needs replacing.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Most older cars use a simple series resistor to the coil which is shorted out when cranking. Easy to implement and very reliable.

Reply to
Michael Gray