Subject Author Posted Replies

Eagle layer colors
SET COLOR_LAYER 51 White; # shows as LGray
5
5

Your plane just left.
1
1

I dare say
1
1

OT: Here come da Judge
Here come da Judge... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts...

A $5 Arduino?!!
At first I was presently surprised but after a while I started to wonder. Knowing that the cheapest AVR device costs about $3-$5 I started to investigate how they could build a complete board with MPU...
5
5

An efficient way to implement bluetooth for an embedded product?
I am looking at developing an industrial product which will have BT. Obviously there are numerous ways to do it, with any microcontroller and one of the BT modules. My preference is towards the Atmel...
17
17

Eagle layer info, please
What the heck is layer 50, dxf for and how might it be used? * We have layer 25, tNames and layer 26, bNames - so, what is layer 104, Name for? ** HOW can one change the "default" layers (say add...
3
3

Really bright yellow LEDs?
Hi, all, I'm building a multispectral sensor for food quality assurance for a large vendor. It has to work over a really large range of absorbance, at least 3 orders of magnitude. Red and green...
39
39

OT: Why does my system crash when booted from floppy?
I'm running a xmas light show controlling 81 lights from the parallel and s erial ports, using a DOS window in win98. Works fine when run from win98 in side a DOS window, but seems to hang up after a...
26
26

OT: Announcement
Just found out I will become a great-grandfather in July ;-) ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | |...
7
7

kids these days
We've been interviewing for a test tech (interviewed a dozen or so, finally got a good one) and for interns. An internship not only spreads goodness to the world, it's a kind of extended interview for...
53
53

OT "More is Different"
I was reading an article in the latest Physics today, and it lead me to this paper by P.W. Anderson. (if link doesn't work search for "PW Anderson More is Different") I found it interesting. George H.
12
12

OT: Balancing Act
Balancing Act... 6-armed chandelier, globes evenly (60°, 12in radius) spaced Hung it, leans like a @#$%^ Weighed each of the globes (accurate scales)... 2# 0.8oz 1# 15.6oz 1# 12.4oz 1# 10.0oz 1#...
42
42

Eagle layer Q
Refer to layer 56, "wert"; what the heck is that???
3
3

How is SOC measured?
What is/are the method(s) used to determine the SOC (state of charge) of batteries used in cell phones, tablets and other small portable electronic devices so it can be indicated to the user? Thanks...
8
8