Mini TOSlink Module ID?

I just acquired a bunch of boards with mini TOSlink modules, but I have n o idea which are the transmitters and which are the receivers. A semi-casua l Google seems to indicate that they both use identical packages. Anyone kn ow how to tell them apart? The numbers on the boards and packages are no he lp at all.

TIA

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Alien8752

Can't you just power them up? The transmitter will be lit.

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Bahner

Power one up and see if light comes out?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Put all of them together in a dark room for a few days; the pregnant ones are female (receivers).

Reply to
Robert Baer