Subject Author Posted Replies

charge pump/boost converter
For a hobby project, I'd like to be able to generate +48 volts or so from +5 volt USB. Current requirements are small, maybe 15 mA or so? I'd like uh, low noise (I don't have an exact spec so this is...
57
57

Hit Drone
Really dangerous flyby on HV transmission line at 2:07 :

OT: Sch 40, Side-out Tee
Hi, Well, none of the "plumbing" groups seems to be active so I'm trying here... (with little hope) I'm trying to locate/buy a dozen or so 1" Sch 40 PVC Side-out Tee's, SxSxSxS that are NSF rated. Or,...
12
12

AN: Spice Model Updated on my Website... Behavioral Diff Pairs
Spice Model Updated on my Website: See B_DIFF_PAIRS.zip on the Device Models & Subcircuits Page of my website. Improved/Updated (squirmy talk for serious bug fix ;-) Parameters added to match bipolar...

OT: Scanner
My 20-something year-old hp Scanjet 3970 died... or at least the wallwart outputs no juice, so it's a toss... scanner died and killed wallwart, or it's just the wallwart.... it's the wallwart, found...
23
23

Just in time for AL Gore to say "We fixed it".
After s?p?e?n?d?i?n?g? investing billions of dollars, Al Gore says, We fixed it. "Earth heading for 'mini ice age' in just 15 years, scientists say" Mikek
9
9

Function generator with higher output voltage
Hi all, I'm looking for an off-the-shelf function generator with more than the usual 10Vpp output signal. The requirements are 30..500Hz square wave, with 20Vpp and output impedance 50Ohms or less...
17
17

Toroidal Transformer Screening
Hi Another magnetics question! I have a SMPS which uses a toroidal ferrite transformer. It switches at ~100kHz, works very well, it's not my design and I can't change it. However, it introduces noise...
11
11

OT: JV Team
TENNESSEE TERROR: Gunman who killed 4 Marines in Chattanooga ID'd as Muhammad Youssef Abdulazeez THE GUNMAN who opened fire on two Chattanooga, Tenn., Navy training centers and killed 4 Marines, in...
35
35

OT: Costco auto program
Hi, Anyone purchased a vehicle through Costco's auto program? Disappointing that they won't tell you the expected savings until you've signed up -- which, of course, tips your hand to the dealer. One...
8
8

refrigerator light
The interior lights in my 8-year-old LG French Door refrigerator (purchased from Sears under the Kenmore brand) have stopped working. Very irritating, trying to find stuff in there in the dark. At...
120
120

Ping JT
You once asked about something like these: If you di't find a good solution maybe these will help

Windows 7 Reset Administrator Password
A friend forgot her admin password for windows 7 and is asking for help. Googling the problem I see the passwords can be reset using a "reset disk". I am not clear that this will reset the admin...
12
12

Pluto
-- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
2
2

measurement idea for spacetime curvature as dark energy force
Hi, I had an idea before about how curved space time might have a tendency to expand in order to flatten out to a lower energy state, which could explain the dark energy force, the matter in the...
42
42