Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Gluing PVC
I want to make up an egg-crate rack by stacking 1-1/2" PVC pipe. I think the Oatey type PVC glues require an interference fit to work. What would you recommend for this side-by-side situation? ...Jim...
27
27

OT: How USPS destroys American jobs
Folks, Just shipped some electronics to Europe, all of 10.8oz, not exactly a heavy load. USPS has discontinued surface mail long since so this cost a whopping $16. Sixteen! The guy in China can sell a...
61
61

HV gate driver
I need to make some high voltage pulses, and found this cool IR2213 gate driver. The datasheet is fairly fuzzy and there are no appnotes or eval boards, so I figured I'd breadboard it just to make...
10
10

Looks like Heathkit is coming back
Folks, Not a lot yet but it's a start:
60
60

LH0002CN unity buffer chip?
Any one out there in the US hording any of these LH0002CN PDIP-10 packages? We have a need for a few, a tube of them would be nice. I saw a posting on Amazon for $2.xx something but they didn't...
4
4

political rant
Actually, I just want to type something on my spiffy new illuminated Lightech keyboard. It's much better than the one that came with my new Dell PC. OK, prediction: Obama hates Hillary. Biden knows...
18
18

Project idea?
I have 20 feet of EL wire, a HV inverter, 500mAH LiPo battery with charger, and one of these wearable microcontroller protoboards: I think there's a fixed-point FFT code snippet that runs on the...
9
9

OT: Dummies with money
An article in the Boston Globe today about a woman who is a "long-time" resident of the Back Bay who, instead of paying the $500 a month that a reserved parking spot at the Prudential Center a few...
27
27

Adhesive to hold Speaker crossover components
I'm replacing a couple of capacitors in speaker crossover. The parts have a glue that holds them tight to the PCB, the glue is still a little bit rubbery after 33 years. (Pioneer HPM-700) What can I...
28
28

OT: programming problem
Yes, the same old PIC16F648A.. DELAY MOVWF sW ; save W ; following gives Warning: Argument out of range. Least significant bits used. MOVF sSTATUS,STATUS ;assy: d=1;sSTATUS@25 == save STATUS CLRF...
16
16

Gallium Arsenide CPU's ie Cray 3 and solar panels
Hi, I was reading about the Cray 3 supercomputer from about 20 years ago, 500MHz clock with lots of small gallium arsenide die bonded IC's connected together to form the processors.. I thought that...
20
20

How to normalize low frequency analog signals
Hello, Does anyone know how I could go about normalizing various analog signals of different amplitudes? For example, I'd like the circuit to be able to convert both a 2mVpp sine wave and a 20mVpp...
3
3

Stumped by odd LM7815 output -- request help
Could some electronics guru please help ? I am building a +/- 15 Volt 2 A (max) power supply for personal use, and I am very puzzled by the behavior of the LM 7815 voltage regulator. THe step down...
56
56

Problem with SCR.. or is it
Hello, I have an opamp driving the base of an SCR. Here is the circuit: The output of the opamp is is great, Basically goes high when the + input receives a fainth signal. The problem is that the led...
12
12

Lead-Acid sealed battery: detect when it's wrong
I'm talking about batteries installed in UPS. They are always fully charged and works only for some seconds/minutes after a black-out. Depending on the black-out duration, they can discharge almost...
9
9