Subject Author Posted Replies

Lithium jump starters
What form of words would I present a search engine to find out the technical info on lithium jump starters, how they work, what is the bank of the three pin TO packages in the positive line to car...
12
12

really nice little switcher
The data sheet doesn't say much about thermals, and it looks scary to me to make a 15 watt switcher in a SOT23-6 without a power pad, so I got the eval board and tried it. It's unusual in that it...
32
32

coupled-inductor capacitance - the dirty underbelly
Coupled inductors are attractive devices, easily made and inexpensive with bifilar windings, and all the rage. They're quite useful for SEPIC and Cuk converters, for balanced-output and zeta...
21
21

OT: tailgaters
This really sucks. Driver not paying attention, hit me while I was slowing down for a sharp turn. Thankfully we're all OK. It was a hell of a bang, but the damage actually doesn't seem too terrible...
38
38

50 years later, how would you improve this.
Poking around on Jim's schematic's page, I see this ShotgunMike Being this is 51 years old, could it be improved. I'll throw out a few things you all can shoot down. The 37 tubes are grouped in a...
54
54

Blu ray resolution only 480i
I checked the resolution of a Blu Ray disk. It's 480i which is no better than a standard DVD. Rip-off ??
26
26

OT: So goes Californica, so goes the nation...
So goes Californica, so goes the nation... if Queen Hillary is coronated. Free speech for "elites" only. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | |...
80
80

Paging Robert Baer
Check your spam trap. I sent you an email yesterday that's somewhat time- critical. Thanks. -- Tim Wescott Control systems, embedded software and circuit design I'm looking for work! See my website if...

Ground wire choke
Another magnetics question :-( What is a 'ground wire choke' - how does it differ from any other inductor? For example, this one... ...is supposed to be 2mH at 16A, but it's surely far to small for...
8
8

State variable notch filter.
I was trying to turn a previous SV filter into a notch, (Freq ~3.3 kHz, Q~10-20, see my mech. PID thread.) I was thinking of just subtracting the BP from the input. But almost all the web stuff I...
10
10

OT Primordial black holes are dark matter.
This was an article in my latest Science News, I found this, Which could be neat and clean. With the Higgs we could be sorta done with particle physics. Put all those particle people to work doing...
101
101

OT: Glue Velcro to Leather
What's the best glue to use to glue Velcro to leather and not stiffen the leather? ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete...
25
25

Looking for Xilinx HW-130/HW-20 Adapters
My project needs to program a Xilinx XC7336 44PLCC. I have the software now and the HW-130 programming unit. Also have the HW-137-PC44/VQ44 adapter which I assumed would work with the XC7336, but as...
2
2

Totally OFFTOPIC --> calculating water flow force
Hi to all. Am watching this video and am thinking to do this myself : What do you think, how much actual power can one get with such water flow. Or to be more exact, how much force can be produced by...
9
9

Toslink audio question
I connected my toslink optical cable from my TV to a Denon AVR-1801 Digital Theater System AV . But I am getting no sound. It appears that the receiver does not detect the audio signal from my TV. The...
3
3