Subject Author Posted Replies

PNP for soft switch and reverse battery protection
I'm working on a small circuit that will be powered by a 9V battery. I would like to combine the functions of a soft power switch and reverse battery protection in a single device. I think the answer...
66
66

Diode laser FM/AM modulation
So we modulate the light from a diode laser by wiggling the diode current. This has two effects, the most obvious is that it changes the amplitude of the light. (AM) Less obvious (though I think more...
10
10

FR4 delay tempco
I measured a slab of copperclad FR4 as having a capacitance tempco around +900 PPM/degC. I wonder what would be the temperature coefficient of delay for a microstrip or stripline on FR4. Not only does...
4
4

The future....
The future.... Bwahahahahahaha >:-} ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142...
16
16

OT: Refreshing Common Sense!
Inspiring stuff....
1
1

PING Tim Wescott
Tim, Can you recommend books/papers on the best way to control BLDC motors? I don't care about motor design, just the circuitry to run them. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog...
41
41

Ever heard of this...
Ever heard of this... Client has issues with audio transformers... at low signal levels they exhibit roll-off in coupling at low frequencies, like -10dB at 50Hz But high signal _levels_ do not....
16
16

Where to put the temperature sensor.
This is not so much a question as a report. My boss and I were talking about the above.. should the sensor go right on the plant (heater), or would it be better to move it away. I figured it would be...
8
8

Big batteries
The first gen Volt's ~12kWh battery is on the far left, then the second gen's ~14kWh battery next, then the Spark EV's ~20kWh, then the Bolt's ~60kWh battery final. 160kW maximum power output from the...
21
21

OT: Pussycons
...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog | | |...
2
2

OT: More spectacular downpours as global warming progress.
talks about the factors that limit spectacular downpours, and how a warmer atmosphere isn't going to limit them as strongly as it does now. We've already had had statistics on the increased frequency...
31
31

testing NTC caps
We special-ordered a reel (4000 pieces) of NTC caps from Capax. They are 0805, 3.3 pF, N4700. 23 cents each. I figured I should test them. I made an oven out of a roll of solder, with the cap and a...
30
30

OT: Here's Your Brownshirt Training Classes
Ever wonder who trains the Trump-supporter-sucker-punchers? Of course they're not wearing actual brown shirts. Not yet, that is. Mark L. Fergerson
9
9

Difference Amp.
OK first a failure at Digikey. I went searching for difference amps, but they are listed in many different places. (So it's hard to look at them all at once. (See table 5.7 pg 353 in AoE3)) Most are...
25
25

Arduino / compilers on uC
I've heard the kids here opine compilers are so good these days that assembly makes no sense. There's lots to be said for high-level languages. But I disassembled some Arduino code--here's the output...
124
124