Subject Author Posted Replies

Jobs vs. Jobs
I was just reading that there are only 70,000 people employed in the coal industry while renewable energy is responsible for nearly 10 times as many jobs (650,000 for the math challenged). So by...
5
5

Mixing 4000-series CMOS and 74HC in a 5V system - any issues?
Do 4000-series CMOS inputs have any problems coping with the much faster edge rates of 74HC outputs? Everything would be running on 5V, of course. It's all "just" digital logic, but sometimes the...
29
29

New product: Hobbs ElectroOptics QL01 photoreceiver
Hi, all, The hunchbacks and I just finished up the manual for our first product: the QL01 Quantum Limited Photoreceiver. One version is shot-noise limited above 25 nA in a full 1 MHz bandwidth, and 6...
20
20

OT: "...four years older and considerably dumber."
OT: "...four years older and considerably dumber." ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen...
60
60

Analog Devices/Linear
Analog Devices/Linear's corporate HQ is down the street, think they have any free samples of a couple items I'm interested in lying around to give me without waiting for the mail? Says they have a...
34
34

OT - joke
Kook number one says to kook number two, "Don't press that button". RL
9
9

"I can't be doing so badly, because I'm President and you're not."
Who am I quoting? Bet you'll never guess.
42
42

NP0, stacked film cap orientation
Do manufacturers (or any manufacturer) unambiguously specify which terminal is "outside" on such SMT caps? I don't see it on the Panasonic Stacked film or Samsung MLCC datasheets I looked at. Is...
12
12

[OT] WiFi serving non-web pages.
I would like to be able to view a non-WebSite broadcast from a WiFi router, and interact with it. It's a non-Website as it's not on the web, there will be no internet connection. So I would have a PC...
19
19

Why the diode in a wall wart hum buster?
Here's what the reverse engineered circuit looks like: X----->|--------o------------o--------------o Vcc 1N4002 | | | | + | | 470 uF ### 0.1 uF --- 25 V --- --- | | | |...
37
37

Anyone interested in an "old motherboard"?
It's not so old it's vintage, but rather a ~10 year old motherboard of unknown model, CPU type, or even functionality, all yours for less than $25 shipped!
22
22

OT: Oh, My!
OT: Oh, My! My next to youngest grandchild turned 16 today! Heading out tomorrow to take her drivers' license exam. And the third great-grandchild is due in June! Man, I feel old :-( ...Jim Thompson...
82
82

FPGA as heater
We have a ZYNQ whose predicted timing isn't meeting decent margins. And we don't want a lot of output pin timing variation in real life. We can measure the chip temperature with the XADC thing. So,...
26
26

Different use by device of NiMH and alkaline cell
When I put an AA cell in my voice recorder, the menu asks if it's NiMH or alkaline. Could the recorder be working differently depending on what type of cell I am using? Perhaps the type of cell...
33
33

OT: Red Line
OT: Red Line... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype: skypeanalog |...
56
56