Subject Author Posted Replies

USB Data Line Pullup
I'm discussing the data line pullup on a USB dev with someone and I'm not clear on one thing... or maybe two. The pullup is added to one or the other of the two differential data lines to indicate the...
13
13

Cannot find connector :o(
I need a simple (preferably crimped to make it manufacturable) panel mount (~1.5mm thick, snap-in) connector something like 39-01-4033 (2 and 4 pins). There is a twist: it has to accept 26AWG wire...
4
4

optical thingie
It's not obvious to me where the light goes in.
10
10

cool part
I've noted before that LVDS line receivers make pretty good, fast, cheap rrio comparators. This looks even better: It has 425 ps typ prop delay, pretty low input offset, and a little hysteresis. The...
2
2

OT: For Jamie on vaccination
Vaccinations save lives, and money spent on vaccinating children is remarkably profitably invested. Jamie won't believe it, but Jamie does seem to have been brain-damaged at some stage.
35
35

Wiznet
Mouser has a variety of Wiznet serial->Ethernet adapters that look interesting, but I wonder if anyone has used them. -- A host is a host from coast to & no one will talk to a host that's...
5
5

OT: Kurt Schlichter's "People's Republic"
Who was it here who recommended Kurt Schlichter's "People's Republic"? Thank you! Except for meal breaks I read it in one sitting yesterday. Poignant, yet hilarious in places where current left-wing...
2
2

Unusual surge protector requirement
We have an "invisible fence" for our dogs. It uses a wall wart for the transmitter and also comes with a "surge protector" that the wall wart plugs into and the fence wire goes through. There is a...
6
6

html image refuses to mount
Can anyone out there suggest why a chart's .gif picture refuses to display on a remounted web page? They are ~identical, save that the new page internal links are addressed relatively. The .gif...
8
8

OT: Earth from a billion miles away
All of us are right here on this dot, arguing the toss over some pointless BS or other.
50
50

Power outage in San Fran
Substation at Larkin and Eddy Streets. Ok John, tell us what you did. LOL
29
29

OT: Interesting
OT: Interesting.... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype:...
24
24

Nice heatsink on EBAY.
I bought 2 of these on Ebay and then bought 4 more. The link to Aavid performance curves is up there too. Nice units for 200W or so. These are bonded fin, 332136797873 regards, Bob
4
4

THD measurement
Another customer wants us to measure the THD of a wideband (70 MHz maybe) amplifier that we are proposing. They want under 60 dB distortion at 10 MHz, under 80 dB at 1 MHz. Aside from the very...
36
36

S-100 Bus
Hey y'all big tie and polyester suit fans. There's a lot of vintage surplus S-100 stuff on eBay and elsewhere. What's the bare minimum one would need to get an S-100 retro system up and running?...
17
17