Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: slightly longer life
Just 5 min/day of running, huh. And... Later, Michael
40
40

Basic LTSpice question
I'm (very slowly) learning to play with LTSpice. For temperature simulations do the models generally have a temperature dependent characteristics built in? I can do a temp simulation with a Si diode...
5
5

OT: on "fluid intelligence" and testing for it - for Dan
I knew John Duncan when I lived in Cambridge - not well, but well enough to talk to him from time to time. He has a paper on fluid intelligence in the latest PNAS. I'm not sure how much further...

OT: rewarding minority opinion that turn out to be right
Apparently free markets and research-grant givers are too susceptible to herd effects to do their jobs properly John Larkin listens to James Arthur and also believes everything that he reads on...

OT: better nuclear stability calculations
This is grossly off-topic, unless you think that better super-computers are an aspect of electronic design, but I did find it interesting. The nickel-78 nucleus they are making a fuss about is a bit...
1
1

[OT] I got a JOB!!!
Since this is a newsgroup, and this is news... Wescott Design Services is going into remission, while I pursue a day job. Job title is Software Designer 5 at Planar Systems -- so any circuit design or...
57
57

Tom Frederiksen, RIP
I just found out... Tom Frederiksen, RIP... Tom and I shared a cubicle at Motorola Semiconductor Products Division during the early to mid-60's. ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog...
31
31

Forever Power (almost)
This is just a stupid idea that I had, which will acomplish nothing, other than see how long it lasts. I dont know how much a standard 12V 5 amp battery charger requires from the 120Vac power line,...
20
20

Tritium decay experiment one more year data now available
Tritium decay experiment one more year data now available:
37
37

What maximum power inverter for car?
Looking into high power inverter to run off the car. But for 1000W, it's likely draining 80A or 90A from the alternator. Does that mean the battery will die even when the engine is running? I believe...
46
46

Using consumer-grade power amp as Power opamp
Has anyone used any of the consumer-grade audio power amps such as the LM1825, TDA2030, or TDS7297 as a basic DC power opamp? Any reason they shouldn't be used as power supply regulators, TEC...
44
44

(OT) In Honor of Mother's Day
This web URL just has to be posted for Mother's Day...... :)

USB Type C to USB 3 adapters
Looking for such adapters for my new phone with Type C USB port, I noticed that several adapter and cable ads mention a built-in 56K resistor that is supposed to serve fast charging. I wonder if it's...
19
19

Fast buffer idea
Diamond buffers are kind of cool, emitter feedback makes them linear and they don't have much phase shift, but they kind of suck balls whenever you want to actually move appreciable current with them...
125
125

Solar Panels Drain the Sun’s Energy, Experts Say
This week, a scientific research facility in Wyoming made a startling discovery that is certain to change the way millions of Americans look at the environmentalism movement, after they found...
22
22