Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Sunday Morning Food for Thought
OT: Sunday Morning Food for Thought ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142...
39
39

The internet of things, or the internet that sings?
Whatever, been playing with those POE powered sensors, small box, yesterday and 2day was the turn for a CO sensor. Using a MQ-7 sensor, small boxes arrived, could finally put something together: The...
4
4

Combating Zener Jitter
Has anyone got any suggestions as to how to best deal with the phenomenon of jittering zeners? Preferably without adding excessive complexity to a circuit, I mean.
26
26

commencement
Yesterday we enjoyed but mostly endured The Brat's commencement, MBA from UC Berkeley. I work for her now. The commencement speech was, what we could make out of it, perfectly dreadful. The acoustics...
20
20

OT: Journalists
OT: Journalists.... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | STV, Queen Creek, AZ 85142 Skype:...
6
6

Classic bootstrap buffer
A new JFET! How could one improve a "bootstrap buffer" like this: At least on frequency response this one seems to look pretty good out to around 80 MHz. Version 4 SHEET 1 880 1004 WIRE -128 -784 -128...
28
28

jfet
Good, people are still introducing jfets. Good Gm, 15 cents, and "low noise", whatever they mean by that.
16
16

OT: Business banking suggestions
Hi, all, I'm fed up with my bank (JP Morgan Chase). I needed to send an unused retainer balance back to a client in Europe, but Chase won't let me pay them $50 for a wire transfer without signing up...
49
49

OT: Networking Dropping Out
I've been having a problem with my networking periodically. But it only happens in one location. When I am at other places I don't see it happen. Because the Internet provider here is not so perfect,...
18
18

OT: Desktop Icons
I'm getting too many icons on my desktop. Many are just subsets of a main topic. I vaguely remember that there was a way to assign an icon to a directory that contains the subset icons... but can't...
35
35

mental time constant
I find that when I have a complex and maybe tricky problem, it takes a couple of days, one or two overnights, before all the pieces fall into place and I can decide what to do. Some things take...
22
22

Compound fully differential amplfiers
Hi, all:- The fully differential amplifiers used to drive high res 24+ bit ADCs such as the OPA1632 have excellent AC characteristics (noise & distortion, for e xample) but horrible DC drift and...
13
13

100KVDC, oil is a resistor
Heh, Kerosan finds that oil isn't quite as insulating as we believe. Also, GIANT SERIES-RESISTOR
20
20

free PADS software
-- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc picosecond timing precision measurement jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
5
5

5 to 10kV rated gate transformers
Suggestions for sources of gate transformers, rated for 5 to 10kV continuous DC. Or actually, small 1:1 or 1:2 transformers to make simple dc-dc converters for 5kV gate-drive. Will need 100 to 200...
79
79