Subject Author Posted Replies

Contact Enhancer, Battery Mfr
QUESTION 1: I have several devices that have battery (alkaline AA or AAA) contacts that regularly get resistive. Opening the device and spinning the batteries usually solves it but only for a day or...
31
31

OT: Doomsday Bug
Fed Will Blink By Bill Bonner, chairman, Bonner & Partners There was a time when central banking was an honest profession. Central bankers provided financing for the government. They backed the...
4
4

Challenge question
Imagine (or look at a picture of) a convex regular icosahedron. There 12 vertices, 20 faces, 30 edges. Replace all the edges with 1 ohm resistors. What's the measured resistance between any two...
14
14

OT: Should Customers or Stockholders Pay?
The nuke plant near me has applied for and reportedly will receive a license to build a new reactor. It is reported that $600 million was spent for "project development and preliminary construction"....
11
11

Forced Convection
Doin' a fan controller. Someone on the project mentioned the need for the project to work over altitude. My Google-Fu is failing me; searches seem to lead to a lot of irrelevant information. Anyone...
31
31

110 vs 240v microwave speed difference to heat up?
HI, I'm researching glass fusing using a microwave kiln. I want to check if a 240v microwave will heat up faster than a 110v. If this is the case, then the higher voltage microwave will need to be on...
1
1

Infowars exposes world takeover plot!
hundred yearold jewish plot to ensalve planet exposed:
49
49

"John's 1 MHz BPF"
I know he has bought a LPF for his application, but this is for kicks. He had done a 4 resonator BPF design. It had a high spread of inductor valu es. It was canonical and had over 80 dB of...
10
10

For your viewing pleasure
This is holographic projection of a Whale. Or I have been fooled Mikek
4
4

Behringer VT1951 Tube Ultra-Q repair
I have one of these on my bench that I'm repairing: Currently the only problem is a weak left channel when the "Warmth" knob is increased. When the "Warmth" control (VR200, bottom left of the...
1
1

OT: Nothing to Worry About?
As long as you aren't a corral reef.
36
36

Cantherm thermostats
I bought a 140 deg C Cantherm thermostat a while back. (F20A series) It didn't open up till ~170 C (much too hot for me.) I bought a bunch and tested them. I did a rapid heat and then heat slowly near...

Why are people buying old Picstart Programmers?
I was perusing eBay recently and noticed these old Picstart Programmers going for about $50. Why???!! With an RS232 port and I'm sure limited capability, the only theory I have is as collector's...
22
22

HV discharge switch
What is the proper name for the three terminal encapsulated discharge device that has the HV terminal, the ground terminal and the terminal for the injected ignition arc to force the HV terminal to...
11
11

lLi-Ion battery charging question
Just purchased from E-Bay a couple 8.4 volt (900maH) li-ion rechargeable batteries in the little 9 volt package. It came with a charger that accepts 2 batteries to be charged at the same time. The (+)...
12
12