Cantherm thermostats

I bought a 140 deg C Cantherm thermostat a while back. (F20A series) It didn't open up till ~170 C (much too hot for me.)

I bought a bunch and tested them. I did a rapid heat and then heat slowly near the set point temperature. Unit was on a piece of copper with a piece of foam over the top. Here's the set up with foam off to side.

Without the foam the trip temperature was ~10-20 C higher than with the foam.

Tolerance on the device is +/-5 C.

Here's the data.

Trip point is typically 10 C higher. I'll retest in vacuum sometime in the future. (For the 140C unit vacuum behavior was similar to foam covered on desk top.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold