Subject Author Posted Replies

Triacs in Parallel
Gentlemen, I guess this is going to be a non-starter, but here goes: Can I put two BT137 8 Amp triacs in parallel and get a 16 Amp capability from them? CD
33
33

Musical Coherence Limitations
I was just watching the Tabernacle Choir and realized they had some 360 people singing in unison adequate to preserve the quality of the words being sung. It occurred that there may be a limit to how...
14
14

thermistors in parallel
Imagine a chassis with up to eight plugin boards. The chassis has a pair of PWM controlled fans. board will have a thermistor to sense board temperature. If any board thinks it's too hot, it asks the...
41
41

AC/DC equivalent power delivery question
This is in regard to the HV oil/water separation. The first experiment, had very good results in 5 minutes using AC. I'm going to suggest an experiment to compare AC to DC. I'm thinking running both...
14
14

Man's Smile Gets His Burglary Conviction Tossed
Unanimously by the Ohio Supreme Court. https://www.lehtoslaw.com Unanimously by the Ohio Supreme Court. https://www.lehtoslaw.com

Re: Defeating Breathalyzer Ignition Interlocks
These devices are being outlawed in some states because they are known and proven to be inaccurate. I would recommend buying or leasing another vehicle in the meantime and only taking the equipped...

In Texas He Would Have Been Shot!
if he did this in Texas, he would have been shot and killed by the neighbor. An Ohio man acted so brazenly when he stole a $500 leaf blower from a residence that it wasn’t a burglary, the state...
28
28

Reverse Engineering Rights
I know that some regions provide the right of a consumer to reverse engineer products they have bought. As an example, the EU provides for this right. In the US, not so much. If a supplier provides a...
27
27

EVGO CHPT
CSU (Cal State U) is now anti-EV. During the pandemic, I got kicked out of their chargers. Now, all chargers go dark. I have to go 8 miles north to the charger in Cere. The charger looks and feels...
13
13

Tek Concepts books
The Tek power supply thread reminded me of these interesting old books, some of which are still an excellent read. fave is Bob Orwiler's Vertical Amplifiers Concepts, <>.(The Power Supply Circuits...
12
12

EV Charging and Pacemakers
It sounds like anyone with common sense would be ok. Who would stand by a charger for any length of time? <> New research suggests precautionary measures should be taken by people with pacemakers and...
4
4

OT: Public transport
Can't we just get rid of public transport? I asked Google Maps for a route from my house to somewhere I want to go on holiday. 2 hours by car, 6 hours by public transport. Dafuq? Even more ridiculous,...
204
204

Help with a voltage multiplier
In my junque box I have a High Voltage, Voltage multiplier. I pulled it out to help my son on a project and it doesn't work as I expected. Testing of the parts tells me they are all good. But the...
22
22

Voltage Regulators in Parallel
Gentlemen, I have a bunch of 12VDC and 5VDC voltage regulator ICs in TO-220 packages. IIRC, I think they're about 1A each. Could they be paralleled-up to get more current or would they have a tendency...
40
40

Testing photoreceivers
Hi, all, We do a lot of photoreceiver testing, so we've gotten reasonably good at it, including building several test gizmos--amplifiers, pulsers, filters, and so forth. I've just posted this app note...