Subject Author Posted Replies

Humming A/C
I recently bought a newly built house with a Carrier A/C system. On move-inday the A/C was quiet whne turning on with little moretha fan hum. I was concerned because the builder placed it outside the...
8
8

Radio delay to sync with TV video
Ok, posted in but no response: Anybody have a simple circut to do this? I love listening to our local radio announcers for the game while watching the video. However, the radio broadcast is a good 4-5...
25
25

conductive rubber glue?
The more I think about this the longer a shot it appears likely to be, but here goes anyway: I have a car radio with button switches that don't work. Buttons for bands, memories, that sort of thing....
16
16

Newbie Question
I'm a vb programmer. I need to read a basic on/off switch and wanted recomendations on the best way to do this. It sounds like the parallel port may be an easy/innexpensive way. I also want the...
2
2

reverse biased Ni-Cad cells
A quick check on a 6 pack containing D size Ni-Cad revealed one with -0.4V, another with -0.1V. I know that's not a very good thing, so here are my questions: a) is there some simple circuit that...
11
11

MOSPOWER Class AB musings
I was thinking I could set up a current controlled Vbe multiplier to control MOSFETs idle current. Ib, entering upper left of figure below, is supplied by an xCCS which provides enough current for the...
12
12

motherboard fan connectors - manufacturer and type?
Hi, I've a graphics card where the fan connector is a little 2 pin job. It's not the same as motherboard fan connecters (molex KK AFAIK) in that the PCB header is shrouded on all sides (MB ones are...
2
2

Sampling DC offset of a composite signal
I have a DC voltage with an AC signal superimposed on it. Is there a simple circuit to get the DC offset? If a digital volt meter can do it ... I'm trying to use the DC voltage to null out a DC offset...
13
13

Fading LED
Hi there, I'm trying to figure out if I can design a circut that would cause a LED to fade in and out. I'm pretty sure that LED's are only on or off, but my computer has a LED that "breathes" while...
8
8

OT: Copy PATH from Windows Explorer ??
I'm in my usual mode of receiving (Spice) library files from systems using Linux/Unix/Eunuchs, so paths are a gezillion deep, with *one file* in each directory :-( (1) Why in the hell do the...
64
64

OT, but only a little - can .wmv movies be spliced?
Not an electronics Q, but where could I go to ask how to splice two .wmv movie files together? I've downloaded a couple of little movies that look like they're sequential, but got posted in two...
5
5

Neato chaotic equations for analog computers to display?
I had some fun this past weekend building an analog computer to integrate the Lorenz equations. I started with Paul Horowitz's design at and added some frills like a rotary switch to select the...
43
43

how to achieve 8 isolated analog channels.
In my 8 channel analog input board, i would like to have channel to channel isolation for 8 channels. in my circuit i take analog signal (4-20ma or 0-10v) from field and convert it into digital form,...
15
15

NEED VOLTAGE REGULATOR 14V 40 AMPS
After starting my Chevy Duramax Deisel the alternator puts out over 15.5V and then drops down after a few minutes. This caused my 400W Portawatt inverter to drop out on high voltage. Is there a simple...
9
9

What max USB cable length did you get away with?
Hello, Usually USB 2.0 is limited to 16ft. Did anybody get away with much more than that? If so, was it reliable? Data rate doesn't matter, as long as everything sent still gets there. Regards, Joerg
2
2